As far as currently I present a lot of free seminars about Office365 and Exchange Online – I found this factsheet extemely useful to get one acquainted with who is Exchange Online, which might be impemented:
– alone for your business, if you don’t want to carry all the burden of routine multiple services management,
– or together with your on-premises Exchange server(s), in order to implement backup strategy or a migration stage,
– or in the Office365 pack for both of first two options, accompanied with a number of business applications like Lync, MSOffice, Sharepoint, etc.
Whether it’s sending a proposal to a client, scheduling a meeting with the sales team or digging through your Inbox to track down an old message, email is the backbone of business communication. With ever-increasing volumes of email stressing users’ ability to organize and manage email and IT’s ability to protect and maintain it, there has never been a more important time to invest in business-class email that keeps your professional communications running smoothly.
WHAT IS EXCHANGE ONLINE?
Microsoft Exchange Online provides business-class email, calendar and contacts to your PC, phone and web browser. Delivered as a hosted service from Microsoft, Exchange Online offers a high standard of physical and digital security for your information while providing the control you want and the reliability your business needs. For a total of $5 (USD) per user per month, you can run your email on Microsoft’s globally-redundant servers, protected by built-in antivirus and anti-spam filters and supported by 24-7, IT-level phone support.
SECURE AND RELIABLE
Exchange Online provides advanced security and reliability to help protect your information.
- Maintains the latest defenses against viruses and spam with Forefront® Online Protection for Exchange, a service that handles over 150 million messages to 8.5 million users around the world every day and is updated to address new virus and spam threats as soon as they appear.
- Helps to safeguard your data by hosting it in geographically-distributed datacenters, with continuous data backup and premier disaster recovery capabilities.
- Delivers reliability, availability and performance with a guaranteed 99.9% uptime, financially-backed service level agreement.
STAY IN CONTROL
With Exchange Online, your email is hosted from Microsoft servers but you maintain control over your environment.
- IT-level phone support is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- An easy-to-use Web interface lets you manage your environment from anywhere.
- Email archiving, multi-mailbox search, retention policies, and optional legal hold help you preserve and discover data.
- Security policies let you create approved mobile device lists, enforce PIN lock, and remotely wipe data from lost phones.
EASY TO USE AND MAINTAIN
It’s easier than ever to provide your users with the business-class email they need to be productive.
- Automatic patching eliminates the time and effort of maintaining and servicing your email system.
- Large, 25 gigabyte (GB) mailboxes are standard for every user so they can access all their essential information in one place.
- Consistent and secure anywhere access to your information on the browsers and devices you use most—Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome, Windows Phone, iPhone, Blackberry, and Android.
TRY EXCHANGE ONLINE TODAY
Exchange Online can be purchased on its own or as a part of the Microsoft Office 365 suite. To sign up for a free beta account and experience the benefits of Exchange Online, visit www.office365.com. This document is always available here.
|Key Features of Exchange online|
|Emails, Calendars, Contacts||
|Archiving and Compliance||