Changes are coming to Lync Online in Office 365. Lync is joining the Skype family, so in the coming months, Lync will be changing to Skype for Business. Please check back because this page will be updated frequently to provide you with important information about the Skype for Business client and the Skype for Business Online service. Microsoft hopes that by giving you this information, it will help you through this transition.
The following benefits are explained with this rollover:
- Skype-inspired design With the same look and feel of the Skype client, your users will benefit from the same familiar user interface and ease of use with the new Skype for Business clients.
- Global reach Voice and video connectivity to the entire Skype network.
- Full Lync feature set Because Skype for Business builds on existing Lync features, no features or functionality will be lost.
What to expect – Everything Lync is becoming Skype for Business.
- Lync 2013 clients are changing to Skype for Business clients.
- Lync Web app is changing to Skype for Business web app.
- Lync admin center is changing to Skype for Business admin center.
- Lync Online is changing to Skype for Business Online.
Windows Search returns both Lync and Skype for Business: